Position Title: Recreation Attendant
Job Description: A Rec Check/Control Desk attendant is responsible for checking ID’s, checking equipment in/out, equipment inventory, answering phone calls, selling daily guest passes, providing patrons information regarding Campus Recreation programs, facility events, and hours of operation. In addition, attendants will serve as an operator to assist the recreational supervisors on nights and weekends. Rec Check/Control Desk attendants must be service excellence oriented, mature, responsible, firm, and friendly when dealing with patrons. A fitness center attendant is responsible for ensuring the safety of participants utilizing the fitness center in the Student Recreation Center. This position reports to the Coordinator of Fitness for the Office of Campus Recreation.
- Represent the Office of Campus Recreation in a professional and mature manner
- Communicate and interact with a culturally and behaviorally diverse campus population
- Maintain a polite, considerate, and cooperative attitude
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively
- Enforce all facility/program policies, rules, and regulations
- Maintain all equipment and ensure proper use
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Attend all regularly scheduled training and/or meetings
- Model program values and expectations
- Go through Blood Borne Pathogen training
- Be able to meet all requirements to get onto payroll
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Current American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid certification
- Early morning, evening and weekend availability; flexible scheduling and break availability
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of an emergency
- Enforce all policies and procedures
- Performing Emergency Protocol when needed (CPR/AED or EAP actions)
- Inspect the facility and report unsafe conditions or equipment to the Facility Manager
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility
- Be visible while working their shift & walk around the fitness center so participants have access to them.
- Complete the daily duty check list.
- Provide emergency care/response if necessary until more advanced care arrives.
View the hours of operation of our facilities
View Hours >
Learn More >