Explore the creative techniques used in the display of retail fashion and interior design merchandise the their effective application to enhance the selling of products.
Through this course you will:
- learn and apply components of merchndising displays,
- Understand the influence of visual merchandising on purchase decisions of consumers,
- analyze and evaluate various types of displays, and
- gain and understanding of the proper use of merchandising terminology.
A sampling of assignments for this course include:
- On-campus visual display creations
- Off-campus visual display creation
- Creative Prop
- Digital Portfolio
- Store Display Analysis
See the career opportunities of Family & Consumer Sciences
Learn More >