Outstanding Requirements and How to Satisfy Them

Conflict of Information on the FAFSA 400C or 401C The Department of Ed has indicated a conflict of information on your FAFSA. Contact us for information on how to resolve this conflict.
No Accepted Admissions Application ADMIT Our records indicate you have not applied for Admissions. Apply now at www.utm.edu/admissions
Admissions Canceled/Denied ADMX We do not show an accepted Admissions Application. Please contact us.
Aggregate Loan Limit AGGLMT Our records indicate that you are approaching or have exceeded your aggregate limits on your student loans. Please review your loan history at www.nslds.ed.gov.
Birth Certificate BCERT Please provide us with a copy of your birth certificate.
Bankruptcy BNKRPT Our records show you are currently in bankruptcy. Before you can take out a student loan, you must provide us with permission from the bankruptcy court to incur more debt or to state that you are no longer in bankruptcy.
Independent with Dependent Child CHILD Please send us a copy of your child's birth certificate (or confirmation of pregnancy from your doctor if unborn) and a written statement, saying you support the child more than 50% of the time.
Citizenship CITIZN Please send our office proof of your citizenship. Birth certificate (if born in the US), certificate of citizenship or naturalization.
Default DEFALT According to the U.S. Dept of Ed, you are currently in default with your student loan(s). We will need documentation from the Dept of Ed stating you are no longer in default. www.nslds.ed.gov
Dependent Verification DEPVER The U.S. Dept of Ed has selected your FAFSA for verification. We are required to verify the information provided on the FAFSA through a process known as Verification. The verification form must be completed and submitted prior to award processing. Access the form at www.utm.edu/faforms.
Disability DISABL Please provide documentation of total and permanent disability status from your doctor.
Educational Statement of Purpose EDSOP The Dept of Ed is requiring that you verify your identity by presenting (IN PERSON) valid, government-issued photo identification, such as, but not limited to, a driver’s license, other state-issued ID, or passport. If circumstances prevent you from appearing in person, contact our office for further direction.
Entrance Interview ENTINT You must complete Entrance Loan Counseling and a Master Promissory Note for loans. Complete them at www.studentaid.gov.
Independent with Dependent INDDEP You indicated on your FAFSA that you support dependents other than yourself or child(ren). We need you to provide our office with proof, showing you support dependents other than yourself, or child(ren).
Independent Verification INDVER See DEPVER.
Independent Veteran INDVET You indicated on the FAFSA that you are/were part of the military. Please provide us with your DD214 or proof that you are/were in the military and released under a condition other than dishonorable.
Independent Ward of Court INDWRD You indicated on the FAFSA that you are a Ward of the Court. Please provide proper court documentation showing you are or were a Ward of the Court anytime between the ages of 13-18.
Legal Guardianship LGUARD You indicated on the FAFSA that you are in Legal Guardianship. Please provide the proper court documentation to our office, showing you are in Legal Guardianship (not custodial).
Parent Confirmation of Non-filing PARCNF Please provide confirmation from the IRS that you were not required to file a tax return. To get your confirmation, submit the IRS Form 4506-T with Box 7 checked, to the IRS as instructed on the form. NOTE: If NEVER filed a tax return, request a transcript instead and you will receive a transcript stating “no record of filing,” which will serve as confirmation of non-filing.
Parent W-2 Forms PARW2 Please provide a copy of your parent(s) W-2 forms and or 1099 Form.
Parent IRS Transcript PIRSxx Please send our office a copy of the parent tax return transcript from the IRS. See form for directions.
Satisfactory Academic Progress SAP You have been suspended from financial aid due to lack of satisfactory academic progress. To appeal this decision, please file a Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form. www.utm.edu/faforms.
Selective Service SELSER Please provide proof that you have registered with the Selective Service. www.sss.gov.
Student IRS Transcript SIRSxx Please send us a copy of the student tax return transcript from the IRS. See form for directions.
Social Security Card SSCARD Please provide us a copy of your signed social security card.
Student Confirmation of Non-filing STUCNF See PARCNF.
Student W-2 Form STUW2 Please provide a copy of your and your spouse's (if married) W-2 forms and or 1099 Form.
TN Lottery Scholarship Acknowledgement Form TLS You are required to sign an acknowledgment form that you have read and understood the requirements under the TN Lottery Scholarship Policy. www.utm.edu/faforms.
Unofficial FAFSA UNOFFC We received your FAFSA, but there is required information missing or in error. Contact our office for details.
Unaccompanied Youth YOUTH We will need a letter and supporting documentation from a school homeless liaison or homeless shelter related to your status as an unaccompanied or homeless youth.



Federal School Code

Our Title IV federal school code is 003531.

UT Martin Scholarship Aviator

Discover scholarships with UT Martin’s online scholarship opportunity manager.

View the UT Martin Scholarship Aviator >

Net Price Calculator

The calculator is designed to give you an early indication of how much and what types of financial aid you might qualify. 

Use the Calculator >