Hall Closing Information
UT Martin Residence Halls Close at Noon on Sunday, May 9, 2021.
In preparation for spring closing, UTM Housing will utilize the following guidelines to make the closing and move-out process as easy as possible, given the circumstances.
- All check-outs will be conducted utilizing our express check-out system.
- Staff contact with residents may be limited.
- Facilities staff will continue regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces.
- Students are encouraged to bring carts or a dolly from home to complete their move. Limited carts will be available for move out.
- In order to promote the health of the campus, a face mask or face covering is required for all residents and guests in all public spaces on campus and must be worn in all buildings.
Moving Out of UTM Housing
Thank you for living with UTM Housing this year! As you prepare to leave your room please follow the steps below to fully move out of your space:
- Step 1: Unless graduating, residents are asked to complete their move-out within 24 hours of their last final exam. Please complete the Move Out Form to let staff know when you plan to return your keys and leave campus. If you need help determining when your last final exam will be, you canclick here for the schedule
- Step 2: To avoid potential charges, begin to make sure that all furniture items that came with the unit are accounted for and back where they belong. The most common missing item is the mattress pad.
- Step 3: We ask that residents try to bring no more than two (2) guests to assist with move out. Per CDC guidelines, guests who have compromised immune systems and/or are being monitored/quarantined should not accompany residents.
- Step 4: Upon guest arrival, head directly to your room to pack all items. UTM Housing will dispose of any property left in the room.
- Step 5: Place all trash in exterior dumpsters–trash should not be left in your room or on your floor. If dumpsters are full, place items neatly beside the exterior of the dumpster. Make sure your room is clean, lights are off, windows are latched/closed, and blinds are open.
- Step 6: Once ready to leave, visit your hall's office for your express check-out envelope. Please complete the front of the envelope, insert your keys, and return to your hall's staff or key dropbox.
After Hours Move-Out
If you are leaving after hours, please follow the steps above, and when ready to leave visit your hall's office to return the keys. A key drop box and express check-out envelope will be available at these locations. Complete the information on the envelope, insert keys, and place it in the dropbox. For any assistance with your after-hours move-out please contact your hall's desk.
Staying for Summer
Current residents living on campus who complete a summer housing lease will remain in their spring assignment until they have been notified to pick up their keys for their summer housing assignment.
If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com.