Name(s) of Building:
Science Hall; Bookstore-Post Office; Soils Laboratory
Prior to 1907; demolished 1950
The old bookstore and post office was one of the original buildings dating back to the Hall-Moody Institute. The building was a separate laboratory facility of the Hall-Moody Institute. It measured 32 by 40-1/2 feet and consisted of a single classroom/laboratory. It served as the junior college's first science building prior to the completion of the Science Building (Sociology). After 1929 it served as a Soils Laboratory for a year and then as the Bookstore-Post Office from 1931 to 1950. The building was taken down to clear the site for a new men's dormitory, Browning Hall, presently the Business Administration Building.