For the safety of our employees and visitors, we are taking the following measures in response to ongoing COVID concerns:
- All employees and visitors must abide by current university regulations regarding mask-wearing. Visitors who do not abide by current university policy in indoor and instructional spaces must leave our physical locations. Our online services are available and highly recommend for anyone who isn’t comfortable with our physical format.
- We keep a dedicated stock of sanitizing equipment and disposable masks available for staff and visitors’ use.
- We ask that students sign in at the front desk and converse with a writing center employee before leaving the waiting area or using the computer lab.
- We will do our best to maintain social distancing in the writing center. At times, this may mean limiting the number of people in our physical spaces or asking students to change locations within the writing center.
- We will continue evaluating and revising our policies as needed in response to decisions made by the University of Tennessee System and our state and federal government.