To set up your Apple Mail client to work with Gmail:
1.�Enable IMAP�in Gmail.
2. Open Apple Mail.
3. Click 'Mail,' and select 'Preferences...'
4. Open the 'Accounts' tab, and click the plus sign (+) along the bottom to add a new account.
5. Select 'IMAP' in the 'Account Type' drop-down menu.
6. Enter your name and Gmail address in the appropriate fields, then click 'Continue.' Enter your full email address in the format 'email@example.com.'�
7. Enter 'imap.gmail.com' next to 'Incoming Mail Server'; enter your full Gmail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) next to 'User Name'; enter your Gmail password; then click 'Continue.'
8. For�Outgoing Mail Server, enter 'smtp.gmail.com'; select 'Use Authentication'; enter your full email address (email@example.com) next to 'User Name'; and enter your password. Then click 'Continue.'
9. If setup is successful, you'll see a screen stating that 'A new account has been created.' Then just click 'Done.'�
10. Click the 'Server Settings...' button.�
11. Verify that 'Outgoing Mail Server' is smtp.gmail.com:firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Verify that 'Server port' is 587.
13. Verify that 'Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)' is checked.
14. Enter your full Google Apps email address next to 'User Name,' enter your password, and click 'OK.'�
15. Click 'Advanced' and check the box next to 'Use SSL.' (The port changes to '993.')�
16 Check our recommended client settings, and adjust your client's settings as needed.