To set up your Outlook 2003 client to work with Gmail:
1.�Enable IMAP�in Gmail. Don't forget to click Save Changes when you're done.
2. Open Outlook.
3. Click the�Tools�menu, and select�E-mail Accounts...
4. Click�Add a new e-mail account, then click�Next.
5. Choose�IMAP�as your server type by clicking the radio button, and click Next.
6. Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information:
Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages.
Email Address: Enter your full email address (email@example.com).
Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.gmail.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
User Name: Enter your full email address (including @ut.utm.edu)
Password: Enter your Gmail password.
7. Click�More Settings... and then click the�Outgoing Server�tab.
8. Check the box next to 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication' and select�Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
9. Click the�Advanced�tab, and check the box next to 'This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)' under�Incoming Server (IMAP).
10. Check the box next to 'This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)' under�Outgoing Server (SMTP), and enter 465 in the�Outgoing server (SMTP)�box.
12. Click�Test Account Settings... After receiving the message 'Congratulations! All tests completed successfully', click�Close.
13. Click�Next, and then click�Finish.
14. Download the latest updates for Outlook from Microsoft. This will help prevent the most common Outlook errors that Gmail users see.
15. Check our recommended client settings, and adjust your client's settings as needed.
Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve Gmail messages.