To set up your Outlook 2007 client to work with Gmail:
1.�Enable IMAP�in Gmail.
2. Open Outlook.
3. For new setups, select�Do not upgrade.
5. Enter your display name, email address (including '@ut.utm.edu'), and password.
6. Select the 'Manually configure server settings or additional server types' checkbox.
7. Select�Internet E-mail.
8. Settings: name, full email address (including '@ut.utm.edu')
9. In the�Tools�menu, select�Options�then�Mail Setup. Under 'Email Accounts,' click�E-mail Accounts.
10. Select an account, and click�Change�above the list of accounts. Click�More Settings, then the�Advanced�tab.
Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.gmail.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
11. Click the�Outgoing Server�tab. Make sure that 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication' is selected. The radio button 'Use same settings as my incoming mail server' should also be selected.
12. Click�OK > Next > Finish > Close > OK.
13. Check our recommended client settings, and adjust your client's settings as needed.