To set up your Outlook Express client to work with Gmail:
1.�Enable IMAP�in Gmail. Don't forget to click�Save Changes�when you're done.
2. Open Outlook Express.
3. Click the�Tools�menu, and select�Accounts...
4. Click�Add, and then click�Mail...
5. Enter your name in the 'Display name' field, and click�Next.
6. Enter your full email address (email@example.com) in the 'Email address' field, and click�Next.
7. For 'My incoming mail server is a ______ server', please select�IMAP�in the drop-down menu.
8. Enter 'imap.gmail.com' in the 'Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server' field. Enter 'smtp.gmail.com' in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP) server' field.
10. Enter your full email address (including '@ut.utm.edu') in the 'Account name' field. Enter your password in the 'Password' field, and click�Next.
11. Click Finish.
12. Highlight�imap.gmail.com�under�Account, and click�Properties.
13. Click the�Advanced�tab.
14. Under�Outgoing Mail (SMTP), check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL).'
15. Enter '465' in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP)' field.
16. Under�Incoming mail (IMAP), check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)'. The port will change to '993'.
17. Click the�Servers�tab, and check the box next to 'My server requires authentication.'
19. Check our recommended client settings, and adjust your client's settings as needed.
Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve Gmail messages.