If you're running software update 1.1.3 or later, here's how to set up POP:
Please note that tapping the 'Gmail' button will automatically configure Gmail IMAP.
1. Tap�Mail�from your iPhone's Settings screen.
3. Select�POP�from the tab menu.
4. Enter your name, email address, and password in the appropriate fields. The Address field should be your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. Under�Incoming Mail Server, fill in the�Host Name�field as 'pop.gmail.com.'�
6. Under�Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP), fill in the Host Name field as 'smtp.gmail.com.'
7. Tap�Save. Now you're done!
If you notice that POP access isn't working properly, please ensure that all your settings are correct by following these instructions:
1. From the Home menu, tap�Settings.
2. Select your Gmail address.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap�Advanced.
4. Ensure that your settings are as follows:
Incoming Uses SSL: ON
Outgoing Uses SSL: ON
If you're accessing your Gmail from multiple POP clients, we recommend setting�Use Recent Mode�to ON.