To set up your Outlook client to work with Gmail:
1.�Enable POP�in your email account. Don't forget to click�Save Changes�when you're done.
2. Open Outlook.
3. Click the�Tools�menu, and select�E-mail Accounts...
4. Click�Add a new e-mail account, and click�Next.
5. Choose�POP3�as your server type by clicking the radio button, and click�Next.
6. Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information:
Your Name:�Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages.
Email Address:�Enter your full email address (email@example.com)
Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.gmail.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
User Name: Enter your Gmail username (including @ut.utm.edu).�
Password: Enter your email password
7. Click�More Settings... and then click the�Outgoing Server�tab.
8. Check the box next to�My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication�and select�Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
9. Click the�Advanced�tab, and check the box next to�This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)�under�Incoming Server (POP3).
10. Check the box next to�This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)�under�Outgoing Server (SMTP), and enter 465 in the�Outgoing server (SMTP)�box.
12. Click�Test Account Settings... After receiving�Congratulations! All tests completed successfully, click�Close.
13. Click�Next, and then click�Finish.
14. Download the latest updates for Outlook from Microsoft. This will help prevent the most common Outlook errors Gmail users see.
Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve Gmail messages.