To set up your Outlook Express client to work with Gmail:
1.�Enable POP�in your email account. Don't forget to click Save Changes when you're done.
2. Open Outlook or Outlook Express.
3. Click the�Tools�menu, and select�Accounts...
4. Click�Add, and then click�Mail...
5. Enter your name in the�Display name: field, and click�Next.
6. Enter your full Gmail email address (email@example.com) in the Email address: field, and click�Next.�
7. Enter pop.gmail.com in the�Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server:�field. Enter smtp.gmail.com in the�Outgoing mail (SMTP) server:�field.
9. Enter your full email address (including '@ut.utm.edu') in the�Account name:�field. Enter your email password in thePassword:�field, and click�Next.
11. Highlight�pop.gmail.com�under�Account, and click�Properties.
12. Click the�Advanced�tab.
13. Fill in the following information:*
*The order of�Outgoing�and�Incoming�mail server fields varies by version. Make sure you enter the correct information in each field.
14. Return to the�Servers�tab, and check the box next to�My server requires authentication.
Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve Gmail messages.