To configure Thunderbird 2.0 for your Google Apps email address:
1.�Enable POP�in your email acount. Don't forget to click�Save Changes�when you're done.
2. Open Thunderbird.
3. Click the�Tools�menu, and select�Account Settings...
4. Click the�Add Account...�button to launch Account Wizard.
5 Select�Email account�and click�Next.
6. Fill in the necessary fields to include the following information:
Your Name:�Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages.
Email Address:�Enter your full email address in the format 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
7. Select�POP�as the type of incoming server you're using and enter the server information as follows, then click�Next
8. Enter your full email address in the format 'email@example.com' in both the�Incoming User Name:�and�Outgoing User Name:�fields, then click�Next.
9. Name your account in the�Account Name:�field, if desired. Click�Next, then click�Finish.
10. On the�Server Settings�tab in the�Account Settings�window, do the following:
Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve Google Apps email messages.