The University of Tennessee at Martin will host Family Weekend 2019 from Sept. 27-29 to include food trucks, live music, the Bowtie 5K, tailgating and the UT Martin vs. Murray State football game.
Family Weekend packages are $25 per person and include a $5 voucher for Friday night’s food truck dinner, one ticket to the tailgate party snack bar, one general admission football ticket, a Family Weekend T-shirt, a $5 concession ticket for use during the football game, and a discount coupon to visit the Discovery Park of America in Union City. Packages must be pre-ordered online at utm.edu/familyweekend and will be available for pick-up both at the food truck dinner in Virginia Weldon Park on Sept. 27 and during Donuts with Deans on Sept. 28.
Those wishing to participate in the Bowtie 5K can pre-register at the same link for $15 per participant. Day-of registration will be $20 per person. Registration opens at 7 a.m., Sept. 28, on the front lawn of UT Martin’s Kathleen and Tom Elam Center, and the race begins at 8 a.m. in the same location. The registration fee includes a race T-shirt. Waiver forms are also available at the link above and should be brought to the race.
The weekend ends with the Sunday Bowtie Brunch from 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Sept. 29, in the Skyhawk Dining Hall, located inside the Boling University Center. The all-you-can-eat buffet is $12.52 plus tax for adults and $5.92 plus tax for children ages 12 years and under.
A full schedule of events is as follows:
- Friday, Sept. 27
- 5-7:30 p.m. – Family Weekend opens with a food truck dinner in Virginia Weldon Park in downtown Martin; 27bstroke6 will perform live
- 9 p.m. – Avengers: End Game will play as a drive-in movie in the Pacer Pond parking lot
- Saturday, Sept. 28
- 7 a.m. – Bowtie 5K registration begins
- 8 a.m. – Bowtie 5K race begins
- 9:30 a.m.-noon – Donuts with Deans and City Officials come-and-go event, Savant Learning Systems, 242 Lindell St.
- 1-3:30 p.m. – Concurrent events: Captain’s Carnival, front lawn of Browning Hall; Discovery Park of America in Union City, admission
- 4-5:30 p.m. – Tailgate party, Hardy Graham Football Stadium
- 6 p.m. – UT Martin football vs. Murray State, Hardy Graham Stadium
- After game – Fireworks show, Hardy Graham Stadium
- Sunday, Sept. 29
- 9:30 a.m. – Student-led non-denominational worship service, Watkins Auditorium
- 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. – Bowtie Brunch, Skyhawk Dining Hall
For more information or to register, visit utm.edu/familyweekend or contact Lora McDonald at 731-881-3630 or John Abel at 731-881-7526.