The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees will meet Nov. 8 in Knoxville.
The meeting of the full board will begin at 1 p.m. EST/noon CST in the UT Knoxville Pilot Flying J Student Union Ballroom at 1502 Cumberland Ave. in Knoxville. The meeting will be webcast live and archived for later viewing; a link to the webcast will be available at tennessee.edu.
Two board committees are scheduled to meet prior to the meeting of the full board. All meetings will be in the UT Knoxville Pilot Flying J Student Union Ballroom. Committee meetings, which will be webcast, are scheduled as follows:
8:30 a.m. – Education, Research and Service Committee
10 a.m. – Finance and Administration Committee
All meeting times are approximate. If a meeting ends earlier or later than expected, the next meeting will begin following a short break.
Agenda items for the trustees to consider include:
- President’s address, which will include updates on the reunification of the UT Institute of Agriculture with UT Knoxville and on the Oak Ridge Institute at UT
- Promotion of associate vice president Tiffany Carpenter to vice president for communications and marketing
- Appointment of David Miller as senior vice president for finance and administration and chief financial officer pursuant to a restructuring
- Appointment of Cynthia Moore as secretary and special counsel
- Executive Committee recommendation of bylaw amendments
- Campus processes for determining programs to be funded by the student programs and services fee
- Report of the Special Committee on University of Tennessee Athletics Programs
- Annual report to the Tennessee General Assembly
- Proposed revisions to the Board Tenure Policy related to early tenure
- New Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences at the UT Health Sciences Center
- Tenure recommendations requiring board approval
- Acquisition of a new office space by sub-easement
- Fiscal year 2020-21 operating budget appropriations request for specialized units
- Annual report of tuition and fee revenues
The full agenda for each meeting and associated materials are available at trustees.tennessee.edu or by contacting Jennifer Sicking, assistant director of media relations for the UT System, at 865-974-5179 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests to address the board may be submitted using the online form or the pdf at trustees.tennessee.edu. Requests will be accepted until 5 p.m. EST on Wednesday, Nov. 6. In accordance with the Standing Rule Governing Requests to Address the Board (also found at the above link), persons who have preregistered to speak will be scheduled to speak in a committee meeting or the full board meeting on a first-come, first-served basis. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each, and the total time available for speakers will be 30 minutes.
Anyone with a disability who wishes to attend this meeting may contact Sicking to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact can be made in person, by writing, by email, by telephone or otherwise and should be received no later than 5 p.m. EST, Wednesday, Nov. 6.
The University of Tennessee System distributes this notice as part of its compliance with the adequate public notice requirement of state open meetings law.