The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees will hold its annual meeting virtually June 25-26.
Following continued guidance by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding COVID-19 and in compliance with the Tennessee Pledge and local guidelines, the meetings will be held virtually with all Board members participating electronically or by telephone. Interested individuals are encouraged to watch the meeting online. The meeting will be webcast live and archived for later viewing; a link to the webcast will be available at tennessee.edu.
The full Board will meet virtually at 9:30 a.m. EDT/8:30 a.m. CDT on June 26 for its annual meeting.
A special session and two committees are scheduled to meet virtually on June 25. The meetings, which will be webcast, are scheduled as follows:
11:30 a.m. EDT/10:30 a.m. CDT—Board of Trustees (Special Focus Session on COVID-19)
2 p.m. EDT/1 p.m. CDT—Finance and Administration Committee
4 p.m. EDT/3 p.m. CDT— Education, Research and Service Committee
All meeting times are approximate. If a meeting ends earlier or later than expected, the next meeting will begin following a short break.
Agenda items include:
- President’s address
- COVID-19 and Guiding Principles for Fall 2020 reopening
- Adoption of student immunization requirements
- Fiscal Year 2020-21 Operating Budget, including salary plan, student tuition and fees and room and board rates
- Capital outlay funding requests from Fiscal Year 2021-22 through Fiscal Year 2025-26
- Capital maintenance funding requests from Fiscal Year 2021-22 through Fiscal Year 2025-26
- Procedures governing compensation increases during Fiscal Year 2020-21
- Election of the chair of the Board
- Appointment of standing committees and chairs
- Proposed revision to bylaws
- Grants of tenure
- New academic programs
- Mental Health Task Force Report
- Update on Title IX Regulations
The agendas for the meetings have been posted to the board website and are accessible at https://trustees.tennessee.edu/. Meeting materials are anticipated to be available online by June 19.
Requests to address the Board may be submitted using the online form or the pdf at: https://trustees.tennessee.edu/requests-to-address-the-board/. Requests will be accepted until 5 p.m. EDT on Monday, June 22. While the Board’s Standing Rule will apply, given the current environment regarding COVID-19, accommodations will be granted to allow for remote participation by scheduled speakers.
Anyone with a disability or otherwise needing assistance to attend this virtual meeting may contact the individuals listed below to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact may be made in writing, by email, or by telephone and should be received no later than 5 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, June 24.
Visit www.cdc.gov/COVID19 for the latest information and resources about COVID-19.
The University of Tennessee System distributes this notice to all faculty and staff as part of its compliance with the adequate public notice requirement of state open meetings law.