Members of the University of Tennessee at Martin WestTeach Program class of 2021 will graduate Thursday, Dec. 16, following a 5:30 p.m. invitation-only reception and dinner at the Madison Downs Venue in Jackson. Class members represent 15 West Tennessee school districts. This is the third WestTeach class, which is sponsored by the university’s WestStar Leadership Program.
Class members attended sessions throughout the fall to learn more about West Tennessee’s economic needs and opportunities and meet with regional industry and community leaders. The class also met with community child resource agents to greater understand what their students might experience outside of the classroom. WestTeach graduates become part of a growing network of educators and community leaders dedicated to serving the region.
For more information about the WestTeach Program, contact Virginia Grimes, assistant director, at 731-881-7298. The following 2021 WestTeach participants are noted with their educational affiliation and home school district:
- Jennifer Botticello, 8th grade algebra teacher, Munford Middle School, Tipton County;
- Patrick Corbin, 6th-8th grade STEM teacher, W.O. Inman Middle School, Paris Special School District;
- Ben Di’Chiara, 9th-12th grade STEM teacher, Peabody High School, Trenton Special School District;
- Brittany Ferrell, kindergarten teacher, Anderson Early Childhood Center; Haywood County;
- Beth Glover, reading intervention teacher and dyslexic screener, Milan Elementary School, Milan Special School District;
- Amanda Gober, 8th grade math teacher, Hardin County Middle School, Hardin County;
- Jill Huddleston, science teacher, Lexington Middle School, Lexington City;
- Kandace Jackson, transition case manager, Weakley County Schools;
- Austin Kissell, history teacher at Ripley High School, Lauderdale County;
- Jenna Leonard, 5th grade math and science teacher, Briarwood Elementary School, Benton County;
- Tom Mathis, senior seminar teacher, Dyersburg High School, Dyersburg City;
- Colby Prosser, 6th grade English language arts teacher, Dorothy and Noble Harrelson School, Henry County;
- JB Suiter, 10th grade geometry and personal finance teacher, Union City High School, Union City;
- Lalania Vaughn, fine arts director of choral and theatre, Tipton-Rosemark Academy, Shelby County;
- David Westberry, algebra teacher, Jackson Central-Merry Early College High School, Jackson-Madison County.