The MASC coursework was developed based on extensive industry research conducted by the Commission on Public Relations Education (CPRE), which is composed of educators and public relations professionals, and the educational standards of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication. The courses address the real-world skills and knowledge demanded by employers and business leaders.
Through the MASC coursework, students will learn
- to use strategic communication management skills to increase the opportunity for career advancement in related or integrated disciplines.
- to integrate basic management and leadership principles and processes into the communication process.
- to use communication theory and research methods to address critical communication questions and issues in the workplace.
- to analyze the impact of global market forces on professional interactions and communication.
- to apply professional ethics in the workplace.