Mission Statement:The French Club at UTM exist to provide an informal environment where people from around the world are able to come together and express their interest in French language and Francophone culture. We are non-discriminatory and would love to have you join us for a meeting. Don't forget to bring your knowledge of French.
President: Nathan Bonar Vice President: Matthew Maitland Secretary: Jessica Francis Activities Coordinator: Tim Allen
Activities: There will be a picnic at the Martin City Park (Martin Recreation Complex) on October 28th (Weather Permitting).
We are trying to make the following happen:
1. Finding some time in the local high school to talk to French students about the French program at UTM and to give them ideas on the types of professions they could pursue with this knowledge.
2. Connecting with the English Society to take part in reading a story to elementary school kids in both French and English.
3. Taking a trip to Memphis to see the Dixon Museum which has a good collection of French Impressionist art.
4. Eating lunch while we are there in Memphis. Please give us feedback via the e-mail We would like to try and see who is interested in this idea, and when would be a good Saturday to go.
5. Changing around the French table and make it a bit more appealing by changing the name to Cercle Francophone. Having different discussion topics for the time ranging from culture, style, food, and just general knowledge of France.
6. Doing a fundraiser so we can accumulate funds in order to do various activities. If anyone has any thoughts on a fundraiser we could look into please e-mail me through the provided link.
7. Possibly adopting an angel for Christmas. This would be an excellent way for the French club to be involved in the community as well as help out those less fortunate than us. We will discuss this topic more at our next meeting.
8. Starting monthly meetings so we can keep things going smoothly. We want to make sure that everyone knows what is going on and who is in charge. This is also a great opportunity for everyone to get involved if they are not able to make it to every event.
Also, would anyone be interested in a coffee hour for the French club where would get together at someone's apartment and had coffee and pastries and other snack items to hang out and get to know everyone? If so, please contact me via email.
If there is anything else that you need please e-mail me. Also may I ask how the scholarship from the AATF is going?
Web Master:TennesseeBob Peckham
Director, The Globe-Gate Project
University of Tennessee-Martin