Soyez Sage - Explain and Expand with
1. Explain these expressions, and put them into context if you can
Click or call
Give me a hand
In the black
Sleep on it
Feed the pig
2. Find two heading words under which you can group some of these
Group the proverbs and justify your groups.
The early bird gets the worm.
Too many cooks spoil the broth.
The squeaking wheel gets the grease.
A friend in need is a friend in deed.
When the cat's away, the mice will play!
A rolling stone can gather no moss.
Riches have wings.
Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.
A stitch in time, saves nine.
Once bitten, twice shy.
The end justifies the means.
A fool and his money are soon parted.
The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.
Pride comes before the fall.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it
Penny wise, pound foolish.
Haste makes waste.
If the shoe fits, wear it.
He That Teaches Himself has a Fool for his Master.
3. Unscramble the proverb and write something about it.
cold dish is
4. What are the correct versions of these proverbs.
Once bitten, pound foolish
The early birds spoil the broth
A stitch in time gathers no moss
If the shoe fits, the mice will play
"A friend in need is a friend in deed". What seems ambiguous about this
6. Write a micro-tale or short situation, and end it with your choice
of one of the proverbs in # 2.
Explain your choice.
7. Saga de Ragnar
Lodbrock - Ballade des Menus Propos