The University of Tennessee at Martin, in cooperation with McNairy County and the City of Selmer, established the UT Martin McNairy County Center/Selmer in 1998.
The center offers a full rotation of general education and other undergraduate courses supporting bachelor’s degree requirements in more than 80 specialized programs, including agriculture, criminal justice, education, history, social work, political science, psychology, and interdisciplinary studies. General education courses include art, biology, English, geology, math, and others.
The center also offers non-credit classes during the year and can design training curricula to meet the individual needs of local business and industry.
Areas of Study Within the Center
- Agricultural Business
- Corrections (Criminal Justice)
- Forensics (Criminal Justice)
- Justice Studies (Criminal Justice)
- Juvenile Justice (Criminal Justice)
- Law Enforcement (Criminal Justice)
- Education Integrated Studies: K to Grade 5
- Farm and Ranch Management
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Political Science
- Social Work
Selmer Center Emergency Response Plan.