UT Martin is working to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in all areas. To that end, the institution has established an assessment plan that ensures input from all areas. The university community is kept informed of institutional progress and individual unit successes through a variety of means, including campus-wide newsletters and the sharing of unit reports and feedback through a university portal.
UT Martin Planning, Assessment, and Reporting Calendar
The UT Martin Annual Planning, Assessment, and Reporting Calendar provides an overview of the activities and reports that establish the foundation for the university’s data-driven decision making process. The planning and assessment goals reflect the university’s mission.
UT Martin’s commitment to establishing a strong culture of mission-focused planning and assessment extends throughout the institution. The activities and reports are listed under specific functional areas to show primary responsibility for planning, assessment, or reporting. However, overlap of the data and processes exists between the different areas, and the calendar activities are not considered mutually exclusive. Collection and analysis of data occurs over time and often begins in the weeks and months prior to the submission of reports as listed in the calendar. The calendar is intended to provide a guide toward achieving the overall planning and assessment goals.
UT Martin’s Planning and Assessment Goals
- To ensure institutional effectiveness through broad-based, mission-focused planning
- To integrate UT Martin Annual and Strategic Plans with UT System, THEC, Complete College Tennessee, and Tennessee Drive to 55 plans and initiatives
- To integrate mission-focused planning and assessment with UT Martin’s budgeting process
- To sustain a campus culture for planning, assessment, and data-informed decision-making among academic and non-academic units at all levels
- To utilize research-based assessment data to inform and guide planning and to foster improvement (closing the loop)
- To involve all faculty and staff in planning and assessment processes in an appropriate manner
University-Wide Assessment Committees
UT Martin has appointed five university-wide assessment committees, one for each of the five areas of institutional effectiveness as identified by SACS COC, and one assessment oversight committee to provide a synthesis of the work of the other five committees and institutional guidance towards areas of improvement. These six committees, along with the standing memberships of the committees, are described below.
- Assessment Oversight Committee
- Assessment Coordination Committee on Educational Programs and Student Learning
- Assessment Coordination Committee on Administrative Support Services
- Assessment Coordination Committee on Educational Support Services and Student Affairs
- Assessment Coordination Committee on Research and Scholarly Activities
- Assessment Coordination Committee on Outreach and Community/Public Service
Assessment committees meet at least once per year to review reports and feedback, identify institutional strengths and challenges, and make recommendations to the Assessment Oversight Committee. Reports from these meetings are included below.
- Assessment Coordination Committee Reports April 2019
- Joint Meeting of Assessment Coordination Committees March 2017
- Assessment Oversight Committee December 2016
- ACC on Educational Programs and Student Learning November 2016 Report
- ACC on Administrative Support Services November 2016 Report
- ACC on Educational Support Services and Student Affairs November 2016 Report
- ACC on Research and Scholarly Activities and on Outreach and Community/Public Service Joint Meeting November 2016 Report
- Dr. Smith's Response to the Assessment Oversight Committee July 2016
- Assessment Oversight Committee June 2016 Report
- ACC on Educational Programs and Student Learning April 2016 Report
- ACC on Administrative Support Services April 2016 Report
- ACC on Educational Support Services and Student Affairs April 2016 Report
- ACC on Research and Scholarly Activities April 2016 Report
- ACC on Outreach and Community/Public Service April 2016 Report
UT Martin Institutional Effectiveness Reports
Please log in here using your university credentials to access the institutional effectiveness portal, which contains previous reports and additional department and unit information.