The General Assembly of Tennessee requires entering students to complete an immunization compliance process.
All immunization documentation must be submitted through Med+Proctor
For help or support: https://support.medproctor.com/
Adequate immunization for each required vaccine or vaccine component consists of the following:
Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Measles: two doses of measles containing vaccine administered at least 28 days apart and no earlier than 4 days before the first birthday OR laboratory evidence of immunity.
- Mumps: two doses of mumps containing vaccine administered at least 28 days apart and no earlier than 4 days before the first birthday OR laboratory evidence of immunity.
- Rubella: two doses of rubella containing vaccine administered at least 28 days apart and no earlier than 4 days before the first birthday OR laboratory evidence of immunity.
Varicella (Chicken Pox)
Varicella: two doses of varicella containing vaccine administered at least 28 days apart and no earlier than 4 days before the first birthday OR
Laboratory evidence of immunity OR
Verified history of varicella disease documented by a physician, advanced practice nurse, physician's assistant or health department.
Meningococcal Disease (Meningitis)
Required for any student less than 22 years of age who will be residing in on-campus housing. Failure to provide adequate documentation will prevent you from moving into on-campus housing upon your arrival.
Adequate proof consists of documentation from a health care provider showing a single dose of conjugate vaccine (Menactra®, Menveo®, and MenHibrix®) given on or after the 16th birthday. If your initial vaccine for meningitis was given prior to the age of 16 years, immunization requirements will not be met unless an additional booster vaccine is given after your 16th birthday. This is in accordance with the "Recommended Immunization Schedule" published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Meningococcal Serogroup B Vaccine is not currently required but is recommended. The two vaccines currently licensed for use in persons aged 10-25 are Bexsero® and Trumenba®.
Recommended but not required. Please complete the Hepatitis B waiver which is located on the Med+Proctor Portal.
A student is exempt from the immunization requirements if:
- He/She is a distant learning student. OR
- He/She was born BEFORE January 1, 1957 – this exemption applies ONLY to the MMR requirement. OR
- He/She was born BEFORE January 1, 1980 – this exemption applies ONLY to the Varicella requirement. OR
- A physician licensed by the Board of Medical Examiners, the Board of Osteopathic Examiners, or a Health Department determines that a particular vaccine is contraindicated for one or more of the following reasons:
- The individual meets the criteria for contraindication set forth in the manufacturer’s vaccine package insert;
- The individual meets the criteria for contraindication published by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control or the ACIP; or
- In the best professional judgment of the physician, based upon the individual’s condition and history, the risk of harm from the vaccine outweighs the potential benefit.
- Vaccinations conflict with his or her religious belief and practices.
- Active service members or veterans can submit their Military ID or DD 214 to Med+Proctor to clear these immunization requirements.
A student who has been exempted from a particular vaccination must comply with the immunization requirements for any vaccines from which he or she has not been exempted.