Academic Program National Accreditations
The University of Tennessee at Martin places great importance on achieving accreditation for eligible academic programs from their appropriate governing bodies. These programs are recognized as maintaining high standards that qualify graduates for the best job opportunities. UT Martin holds accreditation from the following agencies:
- BS didactic program in dietetics; MS dietetic internship: the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60606-6995, telephone 800-877-1600 ext 5400)
- BS Nursing: the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, telephone 404-975-5000)
- BS Engineering: Accredited by Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- BS Computer Science: Accredited by Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- BS and BA, Communications major; the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (1435 Jayhawk Boulevard, Lawrence, KS 66045-7575, telephone 785-864-3973)
- BS Chemistry: the American Chemical Society (1155 Sixteenth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036, telephone 202-872-4589)
- BSBA, majors in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Information Systems, Management, Marketing; MBA: the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, AACSB International (777 South Harbour Island Boulevard, Suite 750, Tampa, FL 33602-5730, telephone 813-769-6500)
- BS Family and Consumer Sciences: the Council for Accreditation of the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (400 N Columbus Street, Suite 202, Alexandria, VA 22314, telephone 703-706-4600)
- BS Social Work: the Council on Social Work Education (1701 Duke Street, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314, telephone 703-683-8080)
- BM, BAM in Music: the National Association of Schools of Music (11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248, telephone 703-437-0700)
- BS, teacher licensure; MS, initial licensure, school counseling, and educational leadership: the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (2010 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036, telephone 202-466-7496).
- BS in Veterinary Science and Technology: American Veterinary Medical Association Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (Education and Research Division, 1931 N. Meacham Rd., Suite 100, Schaumburg, IL 60173-4630, 800/248-2862 ext. 6624)